Cabbage and beetroot salad 💟
Cabbage salads are great all year round. As I have mentioned before, I prefer using savoy cabbage as it is a bit sweeter than the rest. You can always mix up your cabbage combination for more colour but you will get the amazing colours just from including the beetroot in this recipe.
Just for some fun, change up the cabbage and beetroot quantities and see what colours you get. You can also add some grated 🥕 if you like, and replace the beetroot with Kohlrabi if it’s in season. There are no strict rules. For those that are sensitive to garlic, the salad even tastes great without it.
Beetroot is so rich in fibre and this salad allows you to pretend that it's red cabbage for those picky eaters. 😉I did suggest that to a customer and it actually worked!
- 1 medium raw beetroot, grated
- 1/4 savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 small bunch fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 2 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey, or more
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the garlic, mustard, honey and vinegar into a bowl and whisk well. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season generously. Set aside.
- Wash and peel the beetroot and grate using a grater or food processor. Just before serving, add the beetroot to the shredded cabbage, spring onions, and parsley. Drizzle over the dressing and gently toss. I use my magimix for all the shredding and chopping.