Cauliflower, Zucchini and Haloumi Fritters ☘️
Crunchy on the outside and fluffy and tasty on the inside 👌🏻
These cauliflower and mint fritters are perfect for lunch, dinner and snack time.
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 zucchinis, grated and excess moisture removed
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 onion, grated and excess moisture removed
- 150g haloumi, grated
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt, Procal or similar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 6 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash the cauliflower with a potato masher.
- Add egg, flour, thyme, onions, zucchini and haloumi to the mashed cauliflower. Mix until well combined.
- Heat fry pan on medium heat and add oil. Cook two heaped tablespoons of the mixture for about 2-3 mins per side, or until cooked through. Flatten them a little like in the picture.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with tzatziki or yoghurt mint sauce.