Beetroot, rocket and feta salad
This raw beetroot salad would have to be one of my favourite salads at the moment. It’s delicious, nutritious, good looking and so EASY to make. I know that l use these words a lot 😀
This balsamic dressing is one that l use in a lot of my salads, so keep it on file. Personally, I don't tend to add honey or sugar or maple syrup to my dressings, but two little teaspoons won't hurt anyone.
- 3-4 tbsp Bits of Banter Salad Seeds (dry roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds, or similar
- 2 medium red beetroot, julienned or grated
- 300g rocket, roughly chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled Dodoni feta, or similar Greek feta
- ¼ cup Minos extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Wash the beetroot until the dirt is removed from the surface.
- Cut off the roots and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the beet at the bottom.
- Peel the skin off the beet with a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler.
- If you like to use a mandolin, use it to slice the beetroot into thin matchsticks. Note that l have thrown my mandolin out because a few members of my family can be very clumsy at times🙋🏽♀️and it's scary. I use the julienne attachment on my Magimix. If you don't have either, you can simply use a traditional grater.
- In a medium-sized serving bowl, combine the beetroot, rocket, and 3/4 of the crumbled feta and roasted seeds. Drizzle in just enough dressing to lightly coat the salad. Mix well and then top with the remaining feta and seeds.
Inspired from Cookie and Kate