🍆 🍅 Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Pasta
This is my version of the Italian dish Pasta All Norma. It combines all the flavours I love and it's pretty easy to make.
- 600 g mini Roma tomatoes (or any ripe, tasty chopped tomatoes)
- 2 eggplant, cut into small pieces
- 400g pasta (keep some pasta water )
- 1 purple onion, quartered
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Parmesan cheese, grated (or similar)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Thyme (or oregano)
- Basil to your liking
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh chilli or chilli flakes (optional)
- Place the eggplant pieces on a tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Throw in some thyme or oregano if you have some. Bake at 240 deg C until it is browned.
- Sauté the onions and garlic. Then stir in the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, cooked pasta and pasta water and toss through some basil to your liking. Combine everything well.
- Add parmesan or your favourite salty cheese and salt and pepper to taste.