🍋🍊Citrus and Olive Oil Cake
- Butter, for greasing the pan
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil (extra virgin if you like)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice and zest of 1 orange or lemon(about 3 tablespoons juice, 1 tablespoon zest)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a 23 cm round cake pan.
- Mix together the sugar and eggs in a medium bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until blended and light.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and vanilla and mix until light and smooth.
- Add the juice and zest and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl.
- Add the flour mixture half at a time to the wet ingredients and mix on low just to incorporate. Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool 15 minutes, dust with icing sugar and serve.