Debbie's BBQ Prawns 🍤 that leave you begging for more
It is with great pleasure that l share with you one of my most loved dishes. This simple BBQ prawn recipe has been a family favourite and crowd pleaser for many years. People keep asking me for the recipe. In fact one customer gave me a hug because she said that it was such a hit with her entire family🤗.
What is especially endearing is when my children make the dish and send me photos to show me that they have accomplished something great and delicious, that reminds them of home and me.
I hope you enjoy too.
- 500 g Australian green prawns, peeled, deveined with tails intact
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch chopped coriander or parsley, or both (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 chilli, chopped 🌶
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over prawns. Mix well.
- Marinate for up to 6 hrs if you have time.
- Barbecue until they turn a little pink
- Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with herb garnish
Tips and Tricks
- For pouring consistency, heat the honey and cool