Sweet potato hasselback with basil salsa verde 🍠
These sweet potato hasselbacks are easy to make, look great and are real crowd pleasers when you are entertaining.
- 5-6 equal size sweet potato, not too big
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 200°C. Cut the sweet potato three-quarters of the way through at 3mm intervals, using a small sharp knife. If you accidentally cut all the way through, don't worry.
- Place on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle the sweet potato with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 40–45 minutes or until tender. Check that the sweet potato is cooked all the way through with a knife.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the basil salsa verde, place the basil, parsley, chives, garlic, oil, lemon juice and salt in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Top the sweet potato with the salsa verde and extra basil leaves to serve.