Roasted, spicy cauliflower and chickpea salad with pomegranate seeds
One thing you will learn about me is that l love cauliflower, especially roasted cauliflower. I prepared this easy salad pretty much as Nigella tells you to. I love it with the feta crumbled on top too. You can enjoy it as a main or as a side with some Peter Bouchier french lamb cutlets like l do.
The Harissa we sell and use is by Christine Manfield. The reason we stock it is because my daughter Sophia knows her Harissa and tells me it's the best. She also spreads it on everything and l have to tell her to slow it down. The same applies for a lot of the groceries in store. We stock them because our family actually love them.
You can easily substitute the cauliflower with carrots 🥕
If you enjoy making this recipe, please comment at the end of this page or share with good friends.
- 3 tbsp regular olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed and divided into small florets
- 250g/9oz home-cooked chickpeas (drained weight) or a 400g tin chickpeas
- 1–2 tbsp harissa, to taste
- 4 small ripe vine tomatoes (approximately 150g/5½oz), quartered
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, or to taste
- 3–4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- large bunch (approximately 100g/3½oz) flat leaf parsley
- feta (optional)