Broccolini, pea, spinach and mint salad🍃
I love all the flavours in this Neil Perry inspired vegetable salad. It's simple to prepare and looks great on the table.
I always cook with fresh peas because that's what we sell and that's all l know, but if you are comfortable with cooking with frozen peas, please do so.
We have a beautiful customer who is actually a pea addict. She sees peas and has to buy them and eat them on the spot. I was like that with peas when l was little too, so l can relate. I could be seen sitting on the step at the front of our shop, shelling and eating peas non stop 💚
- 250g fresh peas in their pod or sugar snap peas
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 100g baby spinach
- handful mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100g soft goat's cheese or feta, crumbled
- Wash peas and broccolini. Trim broccolini and cut into 2-3 pieces
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the broccolini for 3 mins, followed by the peas for 1-2 min extra.
- Drain and refresh in ice water. Drain again and add this to the washed spinach and mint.
- For the dressing, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Place all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl with the dressing.
- Gently mix and add crumbled feta.
- You can substitute the feta cheese for grilled haloumi, shaved parmesan or pecorino.
- Add the dressing just before you are ready to serve.
- You could also steam the vegetables if you prefer.
- Substitute peas with sugar peas if you like.