Easy Cheesy Triangles (Tiropitakia )🇬🇷🧀
I have been known to cook enough of these tiropites to feed an entire class (many times). The more accolades l got, the more and more l made. It was a vicious wonderful circle of love.
I’m pleased to say that it’s been years since my children finished school, but their friends still remember Debbie’s tiropites
The pastry isn't hand made like yiayia Sofia makes it, but she does approve ✔️Don't worry if the cheese squirts out after cooking. These escaping cheesy bits are awesome to eat 😋
And remember 💁🏼♀️Tiro (cheese) + Pitakia (savoury bites) = Tiropitakia 🇬🇷
If you enjoy making this recipe, please comment at the end of this page or share with good friends.
- 4-5 sheets Pampas puff pastry( not low fat or home brand)
- 250 g smooth full fat ricotta cheese
- 150 g Greek feta cheese crumbed
- 250 g grated mixed yellow cheeses i.e. mozzarella, cheddar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- some butter or oil to brush over the triangles
- Mix all ingredients well in blender or with a spoon
- Cut each pastry piece into 4 squares
- Put a large dollop of mixture in middle of each square
- Fold the pastry over into triangle
- Seal edges well with a fork
- Brush top with oil or butter
- Place on lined tray in oven and cook until golden brown like in the photo at appox 200 C. Timing varies with every oven, so keep an eye out on them. Mine usually take about 40-45 mins and l turn them at the 30 min mark.
Tips and Tricks
- If the pastry breaks as you are making the tiropites, you can mend it by pinching it back together.
- You might like to turn them to ensure that they are browned evenly on both sides.
- If you want smaller triangles, you can cut again when they have cooled down a bit.
Practice makes perfect!