Michael’s Eggplant Parmigiana 🍆
This is the way a true Chef makes Eggplant Parmigiana at home. I visited my friend Michael for dinner this Sunday night and he whipped us up something special. Enjoy!
- 2 eggplant 🍆
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tins of good quality tinned tomato 🍅
- 1 pack of Japanese (panko) breadcrumbs or make your own like l do 🍞
- 2 eggs 🥚
- 100ml milk 🥛
- 200g plain flour
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Slice your eggplants into 1cm thick slices, then sprinkle some salt and leave them for an hour.
- Pan fry them until golden on both sides with olive oil.
- Make your Napoli sauce, (onions, garlic, oregano, tomatoes) and set aside.
- Crumb your eggplant with flour, then egg wash (whisked eggs and milk) then dip into the panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat your veg oil to 160 °C and carefully fry your eggplant until golden brown.
- Top them with Napoli and mozzarella and grill.