Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders 🐓
- 1 kg chicken tenderloins ( I prefer Peter Bouchier)
- 1-2 chopped chilli, or chilli flakes
- 250 grams Greek Procal yoghurt, or similar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4-5 pieces multigrain sourdough bread slices
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, grated rind only
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Olive oil to brush the baking paper
- If your bread is not stale, lightly toast in a toaster, and when cool enough, tear into small pieces.
- Add the pieces to the food processor, and pulse until the bread begins to break down into even consistency.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Smooth out to create an even thin layer.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 10 mins. Remove and toss the bread crumbs a bit with a fork. Return to the oven and cook until golden brown. Cool the breadcrumbs.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, thyme, parmesan, chilli, salt, pepper and lemon rind in a bowl.
- Mix the yoghurt, water and garlic
- Set up a dipping station. Dip each tenderloin in the yoghurt mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the tenderloins on baking paper that has been brushed with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp at 200 degrees celsius
Tips and Tricks
- You can replace the tenderloins with flattened chicken breasts. Great with coleslaw or any salad. I always cook up a big, big batch and that way we can eat left overs the next day.You can adjust the recipe to your needs.