Summer risotto with baby zucchini flowers 🌻
Very Pretty Baby Zucchini Flower Risotto using Ferron Carnaroli Rice that requires almost NO stirring.
This will feed 3-4 adult people in my house, so increase the qty accordingly.
I hope you enjoy🌻
- Approx 12 baby zucchini, with flowers attached
- 1.5 cups Ferron Carnaroli or Vialone risotto rice
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 40g butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3/4-1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the zucchini flowers and tear lengthways into thirds and set aside.
- Then slice the zucchini into 5mm rounds. Remember to trim the ends of the zucchinis.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the sliced zucchini and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes to coat the grains with oil.
- Add the wine and stir for 1 minute or until evaporated.
- Stir in stock and once the liquid comes to the boil, reduce the heat to the lowest point, cover with a lid and cook for 14 mins •Remove the pan from the heat, season to taste, then stir in the butter, zucchini flowers and most of the parsley and parmesan, leaving some for garnish.
- Stir for about 4-5 mins until well combined.
- Serve and top off with the remaining parsley and parmesan, drizzle with extra oil.
Note that this risotto method is pretty much the base for all my risottos. You can add any vegetables you like. I have a similar one on this website using asparagus.