Brussels sprouts risotto (no stir using Ferron rice)
Brussels sprouts no stir risotto 🌱Just so you know, the 'B' in Brussels sprouts is always capital and there is always an ‘s’ at the end, because they were first cultivated in Brussels, Belgium. 🇧🇪
This Brussels sprouts recipe serves about 4-6 people.
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or diced
- 2 cups Ferron Carnaroli Rice (pesticide free)
- 4.5 cups chicken or vegetable stock, simmering
- 250ml white wine
- 500 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 50g butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 sprigs thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare Brussels sprouts by washing, trimming ends and cutting into quarters
- Spread the sprouts out on a paper lined oven tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook for about 15-20 mins on 220 degrees until cooked and slightly browned
- Heat oIl in a heavy-based pot and cook the onion and garlic until soft but not brown.
- Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until the rice is well coated with oil.
- Add one cup white wine and stir until it has evaporated.
- Add 4 cups of the simmering stock all at once, stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer (lowest setting), cover and cook for 14 minutes
- When the 14 mins are up, turn off the heat, add the butter, lemon zest and juice remaining stock and stir for 2 mins before adding the sprouts and tarragon.
- Drizzle with more oil and serve with lots of grated parmesan,
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The rice base is always the same when you use this method, so feel free to add whatever vegetables you like.