🥒🌶Fresh Thai Salad with Mushrooms
This refreshing, delicious combo was inspired by Mushrooms Australia.
You can include the mushrooms in your salad or keep them separate like I have.
I’ve added pan fried halloumi to the mushrooms, and radish to the salad🤤. Note that the original recipe includes sprouted legumes.
These dishes can go towards a vegetarian meal or accompany your favourite meat of fish dish.
Ingredients for 2 servings
250 g mini tomatoes cut in half, or 2 tomatoes chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
2-3 radishes, sliced (optional)
1/4 - 1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 bunch coriander, chopped
1/4 bunch mint leaves
1/4 cup toasted almonds, flaked or slivered
200 g grilled haloumi (optional)
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp tamari
1 chilli, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp olive oil
10-12 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ cup tamari
- Prepare the dressing by combining the lime juice, fish sauce, tamari, chilli, garlic, coriander and oil.
- To prepare the salad, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, radish, onion, mint and coriander in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and allow it to heat up, then add in the mushrooms. Saute them, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes then add in the garlic and continue to saute for another 3 minutes. Avoid stirring too much.
- Pour in the tamari, and allow it to bubble. Shake the pan so that the mushrooms become coated.
- Serve the mushrooms separately or lay them on top of the salad. Top with almonds and grilled haloumi.
Here is the link to the original recipe.
I hope you enjoy!