Easy Baked Whole Cauliflower 🌿
All the signs were pushing me to bake my own whole baked cauliflower today and work out the best method for you and me!
It started with Judy asking for advice on how to cook it on Saturday. She said her friend cooked it in the oven for 5 hrs!!!! Then I saw a recipe on Broadsheet from a very well known restaurant in Melbourne telling us to pre boil the cauliflower.
I can assure you that the baked Fresh Connection cauliflower will be cooked on one tray, in the easiest possible way. No boiling required.
Feel free to add some of your favourite spices or finish it off with some parmesan cheese at the end 🙌
Whole cauliflower, intact with leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 205 C. Also fill a small baking dish halfway with water and put it on the bottom of the oven. The steam helps the cauliflower cook more evenly
- Rinse and dry the head of cauliflower and carefully cut off the bottom stalk without removing too much of the core. You want the entire head intact for baking
- Place on a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper
- Lather liberally with salt and olive oil. Use a pastry bush if required to make sure you get the oil all over
- Place dish in oven and roast for 45-60 minutes (depending on size of cauliflower)
- Test with a knife or skewer for readiness
Our dad Nick with the cauliflowers