Easy Baked Whole Cauliflower 🌿
All the signs were pushing me to bake my own whole baked cauliflower today and work out the best method for you and me!
It started with Judy asking for advice on how to cook it on Saturday. She said her friend cooked it in the oven for 5 hrs!!!! Then I saw a recipe on Broadsheet from a very well known restaurant in Melbourne telling us to pre boil the cauliflower.
I can assure you that the baked Fresh Connection cauliflower will be cooked on one tray, in the easiest possible way. No boiling required 🙌
If you enjoy making this recipe, please comment at the end of this page or share with good friends.
Whole cauliflower, intact with leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 205 C. Also fill a small baking dish halfway with water and put it on the bottom of the oven. The steam helps the cauliflower cook more evenly.
- Rinse and dry the head of cauliflower and carefully cut off the bottom stalk without removing too much of the core. You want the entire head intact for baking.
- Lather liberally with salt and olive oil. Use a pastry bush if required to make sure you get the oil all over.
- Place dish in oven and roast for 45-55 minutes (depending on size of cauliflower and how well done you like it) or until a knife easily pierces the core.
- Baste with juices every 15 mins
- Remove from oven, baste once more and enjoy as is or garnish with desired sauces and sides.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in the oven at 180C until hot
Our dad Nick with the cauliflowers